5 awards are available to international students who wish to undertake taught postgraduate study in session 2019/20. These awards will contribute up to Â£22,000 towards academic fees for candidates liable to pay fees at the full-cost rate for international students.
Course Level:Â Taught Masters, Masters of Research and Masters by Research degrees
Eligible Countries:Â International
To be taken at (country):Â University of Leeds, UK
- Applicants MUST first apply for the relevant programme of study and be in receipt of a Student ID
Number1/Application ID Number to be eligible for a Tetley & Lupton Scholarship. Applications without a valid ID Number will be rejected.
- To apply for a place on a taught postgraduate programme, please visit: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/101040/applying/86/how_to_apply_for_masters_courses
- To apply for a place on a research postgraduate programme please visit http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/130206/applying/91/applying_for_research_degrees;
- These awards are only available to applicants who would be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate;
- Applicants must normally hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree and should be considered to be the â€˜best of the bestâ€™ (eg, successful applicants are likely to be in the top 5% of their BSC/BA cohort). Applicants should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have already met the Universityâ€™s English Language requirements by 1 February 2019. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum. You should have a valid test result, which is normally no more than two years old by your official start date at the University of Leeds. Examples of an acceptable English Language Standard can be found at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/projectleeds/info/123100/admissions/143/entry_requirements;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification;
- Awards must be taken up in September 2019;
- The awards are available to suitably qualified applicants wishing to commence full-time mastership study (oneyear full-time taught Masters, Masters by Research and MRes programmes of study);
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Selection Procedure:Â Each School selects a shortlist of applicants who they wish to recommend for the award. The Group on Scholarships, Studentships and Prizes then meets to consider the shortlists and select the successful applicants and reserves. Applicants can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application within 8 weeks of the closing date. The University will publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
Number of Awardees:Â 5
Value of Scholarship:Â
- The award will cover fees at the University of Leeds International rate â€“ capped at Â£22,000.
- Applicants are expected to cover their own maintenance costs.
- There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs.
Duration of Scholarship:Â 12 months in total full-time
Method of Application:Â
- Once you are in receipt of your Student ID Number/Student Application ID Number please click on the following link:Â https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/centrally-funded-masters-postgraduate-scholarships-2019Â which will take you to the online application form.
- Please be aware that you may be required to provide 2 academic references to the relevant School in support of your scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1st Â February 2019Â 17:00 (UK time)
Important Notes:Â Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any correspondence regarding the progress of an application.