Google.org is issuing an open call to organizations around the world to submit their ideas for how they could use AI to help address societal challenges. Selected organizations will receive support from Googleâ€™s AI experts, Google.org grant funding from a $25M pool, credit and consulting from Google Cloud, and more.
Course Level:Â Award
Eligible Countries:Â All
- Impact.Â How will the proposed project address a societal challenge, and to what extent? Is the application grounded in research and data about the problem and the solution? Is there a clear plan to deploy the AI model for real-world impact, and what are the expected outcomes?
- Feasibility.Â Does the team have a well-Âdeveloped, realistic plan to execute on the proposal? Does the team have a plan to access a meaningful dataset and technical expertise to apply AI to the problem? Have they identified the right partners and domain experts needed for implementation?
- Use of AI.Â Does the proposal apply AI technology to tackle the issue it seeks to address?
- Scalability.Â If successful, how can this project scale beyond the initial proposal? Can it scale directly, serve as a model for other efforts, or advance the field?
- Responsibility.Â Does the proposed use of artificial intelligence align with Googleâ€™sÂ AI Principles? See Googleâ€™sÂ Responsible AI PracticesÂ for practical guidance.
Value of Award:Â Selected applicants will receive coaching from Googleâ€™s AI experts, Google.org grant funding from a $25 million pool, and credits and consulting from Google Cloud. Grantees will also join a specializedÂ Launchpad AcceleratorÂ program, and weâ€™ll tailor additional support to each projectâ€™s needs in collaboration with data science nonprofit DataKind.
Method of Application:Â
- If you have an idea and your organization is eligible (see FAQs), youâ€™re ready to apply. Download our application and apply through the link below.
- Organizations will have until 11:59:59pm PST January 22, 2019 to submit their applications. After the deadline, Google and our panel of experts will review proposals and announce grant recipients in spring 2019.
- Apply now
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 22nd January 2019