Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) invites applications for the Development Innovation Ventures (DIV) Grants open to anyone DIV accepts applications from U.S. and non-U.S. organizations, individuals, nonprofit and for-profit entities.
Proposals are accepted year-round across three stages, from any type of organization, in any country in which USAID operates.
- Stage 1: Proof of Concept (Up to $200,000 – up to 3 years)
- Stage 2: Testing and Positioning for Scale ($200,000 to $1,500,000 – up to 3 years)
- Stage 3: Scaling ($1,500,000 to $5,000,000 – up to 5 years)
In addition to tiered funding, DIV provides evidence grants (up to $1,500,000) to support research and evaluations that generate rigorous evidence of an innovation’s impact per dollar and potential for expansion. These applications are evaluated separately from proposals for tiered funding.
- Almost anyone! DIV accepts applications from U.S. and non-U.S. organizations, individuals, nonprofit and for-profit entities, as long as the project is in a country where USAID provides funds to development efforts. Participation of foreign government organizations under the DIV APS is possible only through an approved sub-award agreement with a prime recipient (see ADS 303.3.21).
- DIV is open to projects in any country where USAID provides funds to development efforts.
Method of Application:
- Step 1: Learn about DIV and whether it’s right for you
- Step 2: Submit your application to DIV at any time
- Step 3: Participate in the DIV due diligence process
- Step 4: Negotiate and finalize the grant award
- Step 5: Receive DIV funding!
Scholarship Application Deadline: applications are open. DIV accepts applications 365 days a year. There is no deadline