Two bursaries for R32400 each are available for postgraduate full time studies in 2019. The bursaries are available to students who hold citizenship from African countries outside the borders of South Africa. South African citizens are not eligible.
Course Level:Â Postgraduate
Eligible Countries:Â African countries Except South Africa
To be taken at (country):Â South Africa
- Available to students who hold citizenship from African countries.Â South African citizens are not eligible.
- Any field of POSTGRADUATE study
- Full-time study
- Leadership involvement within the African communities on SU Campuses in the following fields for theÂ past two years: sport, cultural, academics, religion. In order to comply with the requirements candidate need to state 3 outstanding achievements in at least 2 of the following categories, i.e. participation inÂ SU student leadership structures,Â sport, participation inÂ cultural activities/community involvement, or leadership roles inÂ faith communitiesÂ or roles within their academic department (e.g. tutor, research assistant)
- Academic cut-off 60% in final year or immediate preceding previous completed degree.
- Two reference letters verifying the criteria must accompany application. One an academic reference and one verifying involvement in Campus activities.
- A CV should accompany the application.
- Although not a requirement for the award, the panel will give preference to applicants who, in addition to the stipulated conditions, demonstrate financial need. Applicant should provide a budget indicating income and expenses for their 2019 academic year.
- Applicant should not be older than 35 years on 1 January 2019.
Number of Awards:Â 2
Value of Award:Â R32, 400.00Â each.
Method of Application:Â
- Two reference letters and CV should accompany theÂ attached application formÂ with Addendum A-one an academic reference and one verifying involvement
- in campus activities.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 16th October 2018