The Wellcome TrustÂ scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Masterâ€™s degree level.
Course Level:Â Masters, Fellowship
Eligible Countries:Â Low and Middle Income Countries
This scheme strengthens scientific research capacity in low- and middle-income countries, by providing support for junior researchers to gain research experience and high-quality research training at Masters Degree level.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Interested candidateÂ should apply if they:
- are a national of aÂ low- or middle-income country
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine.
You must also:
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have a demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research)
- have sponsorship from anÂ eligible host organisationÂ in a low- or middle-income country
- have a research proposal that is within ourÂ public health and tropical medicine remit.
CandidateÂ CANNOT apply if they are:
- intending to be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland or anotherÂ high-income country(opens in a new tab)Â (although your taught course can be anywhere in the world)
- a researcher in India â€“ instead see theÂ Wellcome Trust/Department of Biotechnology India Alliance(opens in a new tab)
- currently applying for another Wellcome Trust fellowship.
- the quality and importance of your research question(s)
- the feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- the suitability of your choice of research environments
- the suitability of the taught Masterâ€™s course you select â€“ it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
Benefits:Â Â£120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses.
Duration:Â This fellowship normally providesÂ up to 30 monthsâ€™ support. A period of 12 months should normally be dedicated to undertaking a taught Masters course at a recognized centre of excellence, combined with up to 18 months to undertake a research project.
Method of Application:Â Visit link below
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 16th April 2019