MoBreed (Mobility for Breeders in Africa) is an initiative of five public universities from three African regions and one university in Europe to advance knowledge on useful crops of Africa and increase scholarsâ€™ capacity
in addressing food security. Partners include the University of Abomey-Calavi in Benin and Ebonyi State University in Nigeria (West Africa), the Jimma University of Ethiopia (Eastern Africa), the University of Namibia and the
University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa (Southern Africa) and Montpellier SupAgro in France.
Applications are invited for MSc and Academic / Administrative Staff exchange in Orphan Crops breeding.
Course Level:Â Masters, PhD, Job
Eligible Countries:Â The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
Eligibility Criteria:Â Â To be eligible for a scholarship (i.e. financial support to third parties), master students as well as doctoral candidates referred to as â€˜â€™studentsâ€™â€™ must comply with the below criteria at the time of the application for a scholarship:
- be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility programme of the EACEA
- be registered/admitted in or having obtained a HEI degree (or equivalent) from
- one of the HEIs included in the MoBreed consortium (Target group 1)
- a HEI not included in the Mobreed consortium but established in an eligible country (Target group 2)
- have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
- Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa or IntraACP academic mobility scheme (regardless the type of mobility or the funding project).
- Students having benefited from scholarship(s) under the previous intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme cannot receive scholarship under the Intra-Africa academic mobility.
Number of Awards:Â Currently, 24 MSc scholarships and 9 Academic / Administrative staff exchange are available.
Method of Application:Â Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to lydia.sognon-at-gmail.com with a copy to mobreed.uac-at-gmail.com by 05th October 2018. They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) â€˜Application for MoBreed MSc/Staff exchange programmeâ€˜. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Admission regulations for Doctoral and MSc Studies are to be found from prospective HEIs website. This application is for MoBreed Project scholarships only. The Scholarship application form together with other required documents should be sent as a unique PDF attachment to: emails indicated above. You may download the MS Word version of the application form, and complete it before sending. Important also is the student proposal that should be sent together within the application as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT, preferably PDF. Other required documents are listed in the application form and include:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (this document)
- Student proposal (guidelines available online)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)