As part of the D-SIP programme, the University of Ghana invites interested and qualified citizens of Ghana, holding MPhil/MA/MSc/LLM degrees in law, social or political sciences, to submit their applications for 3 PhD positions.
Course Level:Â PhD, Research
Eligible Countries:Â Ghana
Eligibility Criteria:Â Successful candidates are required to:
- Hold a masterâ€™s degree in the social sciences, political science, law or inter-disciplinary studies.
- Be highly motivated to develop a scientific career, and to pursue doctoral studies according to the approved study plan.
- Possess and demonstrate good scientific writing skills.
- Have a strong methodological and conceptual background in the relevant scientific disciplines or areas.
- Ideally have ethnographic fieldwork experience.
- Ideally have worked with security related issues in Accra, Tamale or elsewhere.
- Be a constructive and engaged team worker.
Method of Application:Â
- Statement of the research problem and how it will be investigated through more specific research questions.
- Discussion of the analytical framework of the research problem in light of relevant theory.
- Description of the geographical and socio-political context of the study (Accra/Tamale).
- Presentation of the research design and the methods that will be employed to generate the data.
- Practical considerations.
- Ethical considerations.
- Time plan.
Please make sure to clearly indicate which of the PhD positions you apply for.
In addition to this concept note, the application should be accompanied by a CV, including a list of publications as well as names and contact details of a 2-3 academic references.
The application should be submitted online to Dr Richard Asante viaÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ andÂ email@example.com, with copy to Dr Kwesi Aning (firstname.lastname@example.org), Professor Dzodzi Tsikata (email@example.com), Dr Peter Albrecht (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Professor Raymond Atuguba (email@example.com).Â All five can be contacted for more information on D-SIP.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th October 2018 at noon