The Singapore Management University is inviting applications for Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship (OPF) to study at an overseas university for one year. Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore citizens
- Doctoral candidates who have recently completed or are about to complete their studies in a discipline relevant to SMU
- Excellent academic record plus a high degree of proficiency and motivation for selected research area
- Have been accepted or have applied for a post-doctoral training at a leading overseas university in a research area that is aligned with SMUâ€™s core areas of excellence
- A keen interest in an academic career at SMU
Method of Application:
Â Interested candidates are required to complete and submit theÂ Overseas Post-doctoral Fellowship Application FormÂ toÂ START_OPF_Coordinator-at-smu.edu.sgÂ along with the following:
- Personal statement detailing the motivation for pursuing an academic career at SMU
- Research statement that includes a synopsis of applicantâ€™s PhD research and how the applicantâ€™s research interests are aligned with SMUâ€™s core areas of excellence
- 2-3 research papers, of which at least one shall be related to applicantâ€™s PhD work
- Outline of proposed post-doctoral training programme and how it would benefit the applicant and SMU
- Detailed CV
- Degree certificates & academic transcripts
- Names and email addresses of three references whom you have approached to provide aÂ referee reportÂ onÂ applicant. Referees to send the referee reports to SMU atÂ START_OPF_Coordinator-at-smu.edu.sgÂ directly.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Applications may be submitted throughout the year but candidates are advised to submit them at least nine months prior to the intended commencement date of the post-doctoral training.