The University of Manchester offersÂ 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) availableÂ to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania. Scholarships are availableÂ for pursuing postgraduate taught masterâ€™s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are availableÂ for pursuing postgraduate taught masterâ€™s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
Eligible Countries:Â The scholarship is available to Australia students
Eligibility Criteria:Â Our masterâ€™s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have at least two yearsâ€™ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- Be a resident citizen of Uganda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Uganda;
- Have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
Method of Application: We will open for applications for entry in September 2019 on 1 August 2018 and the deadline to apply is 9 September 2018 at 5pm GMT.
Before you start your scholarship application we require:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to â€˜Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchesterâ€™. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 9 September 2018