The Women for Africa Foundation is calling applications from African Women to apply for its six month Visiting Science by Women programme Fellowship to be taken at various Centers in Spain.
Course Level:Â This is a six-month visiting senior research fellowship for 14 experienced African women researchers.
Eligible Countries:Â These fellowships are available for African Women:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana,Â Burkina Faso,Â Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger,Â Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe,Â Senegal,Â Seychelles, Sierra Leone,Â Somalia,Â South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Â Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Being a woman
- Nationality of an African country.
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Beneficiaries of first, second and third edition are not eligible. Candidates must have already identified research groups in the host centres to confirm that their proposed research can be carried out in collaboration with those research groups and, when needed, in their laboratories.
Method of Application:Â Only applications submitted in English via the Science by Women micro site at www.mujeresporafrica.es will be accepted. They must include the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully filled form
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages)
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 30, 2018