The Ruta Sechaba Foundation is awarding full (100%) tuition scholarship for Black South Africans. All scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and all awarded scholarships are reviewed annually.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available for new learners from Grades 8 to 11 and Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12.
Eligible Countries:Â This scholarship is available for Black South Africans.Eligibility Criteria:Â Only learners who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Black learners only (Black means African, Colored and Indian as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, â€˜BBBEE Actâ€™);
- Black learners (as defined by the BBBEE Act) who are South African citizens only;
- New learners from Grades 8 to 11;
- Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12;
- Learners achieving academic excellence measured as:
- Attaining an overall aggregate of 60% or above in the latest academic report;
- Attaining at least 60% in Mathematics and English in the latest academic report (hereinafter referred to as â€˜Minimum Academic Standardsâ€˜).
- Scholarships awarded will be for the learners remaining school career, subject to them maintaining the averages on which the initial reward was calculated. In evaluating the learnerâ€™s progress, the Executive Head and Regional Head will have regard for the expected decline in academic averages as the learner progresses to higher grades. If a learner fails to meet minimum standards, the learner may be obliged to attend corrective interventions, designed by the school, to support the learner. Failure to attend the corrective interventions and show progress over a period of time may result in the scholarship being reduced or terminated accordingly. Furthermore, the Minimum Financial Need Requirement must continue to be met.
Method of Application:Â All applicants are required to complete an application form and submit all the required information in order to be considered eligible to receive a scholarship. Applications open on 25 June 2018 and close at 17:00 on 3 August 2018. Please submit the completed application forms to capitecbank-at-curro.co.za.
Required Supporting Documents:
- Copy of learnerâ€™s birth certificate/ID (new learners only)
- Copy of learnerâ€™s latest progress report
- Copy of parentsâ€™/legal guardianâ€™s ID
- Proof of household income
Scholarship Applications Deadline:Â August 3, 2018