The National Institute for Humanities and Social SciencesÂ (NIHSS) invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships in land and agrarian issues in honour of the late Professor Sam Moyo.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are availableÂ for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Countries:Â Citizens of South Africa are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â The Sam Moyo Land and Agrarian Reform postdoctoral fellowships will support South African scholars, who are not in full-time employment for the duration of the funding period. Applicants will be researchers who have a PhD not older than 4 years in all areas of the humanities and social sciences as long as they address land and agrarian focussed research topics. Researchers will also be encouraged to explore the policy implications of their research findings. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
Relevant academic qualifications
Coherence and feasibility of the proposed research project
Contribution of the project to the body of knowledge in the field
Publication/s in peer-reviewed journals
Potential to enhance research activity in the host institution and departmentÂ Â Â Â
Method of Application:Â The mode of applying is online. Candidates should submit the following documentation for application:
- Letter of confirmation by the prospective department, faculty and or university that the applicant will be pursuing postdoctoral research.
- A motivation letter including the candidateâ€™s areas of research expertise, research interests, and experience (not longer than 1000 words).
- A recent intellectual autobiography: a narrative of the major influences in the applicantâ€™s intellectual life (not longer than one A4 page â€“ 500 words).
- A research proposal outlining the research project and the contribution it will make to the body of knowledge in the particular field of study
- Two letters of recommendation from at least two referees who have taught, supervised, or worked with the applicant.
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts and degree certificates.
- A certified copy of the applicantâ€™s ID/passport
- Sample copies of the applicantâ€™s best writing, e.g. a chapter from their Masterâ€™s/PhD study or any published academic work.
- A CV including a full list of publications.
The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â June 29, 2018