Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowship for Sub-Saharan Africans at AIMS in Tanzania. As a self-governing non-profit trust, which is supported by several universities, AIMS offers postgraduate programmes to talented students from the African continent.
Course Level:Â Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â This fellowship is available for Sub-Saharan Africans: Faso,Â Burundi,Â Cameroon,Â Cape Verde,Â CentraAngola, Benin, Botswana,Â BurkinaÂ l African Republic,Â Chad,Â Comoros,Â Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti,Â Equatorial Guinea,Â Eritrea, Ethiopia,Â Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho,Â Liberia,Â Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda,Â Sao Tome and Principe,Â Senegal,Â Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia andÂ Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants have to
- Have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- Be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be invited by AIMS.
- Preferably are nationals of an African country.
Method of Application:Â Documents to be submitted
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum Vitae, including the list of publications (if applicable).
- Invitation and nomination by the host institution
- Research proposal (up to 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
- Masterâ€™s certificate (certified as a true copy of the original certificate).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 30, 2018