The Addis Ababa Institute of Technology, Ethiopia is offering the World Bank/African Railway Center Of Excellence Scholarship Program to Africans who are willing to pursue MSc/PhD studies in Railway Engineering specializing in â€œCivil Infrastructureâ€, â€œRolling Stockâ€ and â€œTraction and Train Controlâ€ for the 2018/19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarship program is to strengthen railway professionalsâ€™ development through short-term training, MSc and PhD level education, and research in Ethiopia and the region at large.
Course Level:Â Masters & PhD
Eligible Countries:Â Sub-Saharan African Countries
Eligibility Criteria:Â Â Applicants have to:-
- Have completed their last degree less than six years ago during the time of application
- Be Citizens of African countries
- For MSc applicants: Applicants should have Bachelorâ€™s degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.00/4.00 for males and 2.5/4.00 for females (grading shall be converted to 4.00 scale).
- For PhD applicants: Applicants should have MSc degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.50 for males and 3.25 for females (grading shall be converted to 4.00 scale).
- The applicant should write a personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate`s interest to join the program.
- The applicant should have two letters of recommendations of advisors/ supervisors from previous educational institutions.
Method of Application:Â Interested applicants should submit their document in a single pdf file through email addresses; -Â email@example.comÂ andÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ (please send your documents to both addresses). The application will only be complete if the following documents are submitted:
- FilledÂ ARCE 2018/2019Â Scholarship formÂ
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Scanned copies of allÂ university degree certificates
- Scanned copies of allÂ university transcripts
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned copy)
- All the documents listed above should be scanned in a single PDF document. Applications submitted separately will be considered incomplete.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 5th July 2018