The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to provide 338Â scholarships over 10 years to academically talented yet economically disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa for study at UCT.
Course Level:Â Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Eligible Countries:Â Sub-Saharan Africa
Eligibility Criteria:Â Â In order to be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town, applicants must be:
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed, to return to their home countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Citizens and residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level (Masters by research and coursework or research Masters, only). Honours applicants will be considered from 2016.
Method of Application:Â To apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to UCT for academic study and placement. Only applicants, who have applied for academic study and placement at UCT, can submit an application for a Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 31st August 2018