The Luca School of Arts/KU Leuven is inviting applications for doctoral researcher scholarship in the field of Arts to study in Belgium. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral research programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You have masters in design or art practice or masters in another field with strong international artistic or design portfolio.
- Your practice has a clear research dimension that is relevant to the project.
- You are willing to work in a team and to play an active role within the LUCA research group Art, Space & Context and the Department of Art / Architecture at the KULeuven.
- You have the skills to complete a comprehensive, long-term research project within the given time-frame of four years.
- You are willing to communicate your research at conferences, through artistic or design presentations and through publications.
- You will investigate space in all its forms and implications. And you are interested in the material and immaterial qualities of space in its political and social context.
Method of Application:Â
We expect your written application by email before the deadline of Saturday 30 June 2018.
Your candidature contains:
â€“ A letter of motivation, in which you describe how you position yourself within the field of art, research and education, and how you would like to make a contribution to the development of research within LUCA.
â€“ A copy of the relevant degrees.
â€“ A comprehensive CV, including artistic portfolio and a list of publications (if applicable).
â€“ An outline of your research project (max. 500 words).
Only complete candidatures will be accepted for evaluation. All documents should be merged into one PDF. If the PDF exceeds 10 MB it should be sent using an online file transfer service (such as We Transfer). The file should not exceed 30 MB.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 20, 2018