The Multi-Agent Systems (MAS) Group is inviting applications for PhD scholarship in Multi-Agent Decision Making in the Institute of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Engineering (ALICE) at the University of Groningen.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â This scholarship is available to national and international students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Successful candidates will have completed a Masterâ€™s degree (or equivalent) in artificial intelligence, computer science, mathematics, logic, or theoretical economics. They have the good command of English (oral and written), are enthusiastic and have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, have a passion for science, are highly motivated, possess excellent communication skills and an affinity for writing scientific papers and delivering presentations. In addition to these general qualifications, specific research projects may require specific qualifications, to be discussed with the intended supervisors.
Method of Application:Â Please upload your complete application in English as a single PDF-file until 24 June 23.59h / before 25 June 2018 Dutch local time. Please upload your entire application as â€œletter of motivationâ€ by means of the application form (click on â€˜Applyâ€™ below on the advertisement on the university website).
The submission should contain the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and qualifications to conduct scientific research, your expectations of the PhD programme and your choice for the particular project
2. A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
3. A certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma (or equivalent; provide a certified University letter stating when your graduation will be if between the application deadline and start of the project) and academic records
4. Proof of sufficient competence in English
5. Names and contact details of two academic references
6. A research idea of 500 words. After the initial selection, only top candidates for the position will be invited to independently write a research proposal of no more than 2 pages in the context of the indicated research direction as listed above.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â June 25, 2018