The University of Trento opens the first call for position for the 34th Cycle (Academic Year 2017/2018) of the PhD Programme in â€œMathematicsâ€ jointly run with the University of Verona.Â Italian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Italian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
Applications for doctoral positions are accepted from applicants, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold:
- an Italian â€œLaurea Magistraleâ€, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
- an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, â€œspecialisticaâ€, AFAM), or
- an equivalent foreign degree (Masterâ€™s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue (except for substantial differences) and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present PhD Programme2 .
- Applications are also accepted from students expecting to obtain the necessary degree by October 31, 2018. Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful applicants who have not yet graduated will be â€œconditionalâ€ and the applicant will have to submit to the Doctorate Office S&T (via email to PhD.office-st-at-unitn.it) by November 6, 2018, on penalty of exclusion, awarding certificate or a self-declaration (by using Annex A).
- Applicants with a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognised as equivalent3 to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/vecchio ordinamento) will be considered as requesting equivalence in their application, attaching the necessary supporting documents. The eligibility of foreign academic degrees is assessed by the Admissions Committee, following the rules in force or the international treaties on recognition of academic qualifications. The Admissions Committee may require the applicant to provide additional documentation if deemed necessary for the purpose of assessing the suitability.
Method of Application:Â The mode of application is online.