Applications are invited for German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic year. These scholarships are available for the M.Phil Development Management Programme under the West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT) at the University for Development Studies.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing M.Phil Programme.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be admitted into the programme, applicants must have at least:
A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline;
For candidates who wish to apply for DAAD scholarship, the first degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline is required.
A minimum of three years? working experience.
Candidates applying for a DAAD Scholarship should include an application letter and explain their motivation for applying for Scholarship.
Pass a Selection Interview (face to face interview or telephone interview for foreign applicants).
Method of Application:
The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
- For Ghanaian Candidates Applicants are to purchase from the Bank an E-Voucher from any of the following Banks (Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Prudential Bank, Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Stanbic Bank and Ecobank branches throughout Ghana) and use the E-voucher number to complete the application form on the UDS online portal (www.uds.edu.gh)
- To facilitate applications for foreign students the Faculty has purchased a limited number of E-vouchers and you will be given the number to proceed with your applications.
- In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs with white background and relevant certificates
- A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED (click on submit to submit your application)
- Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
- Applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach results slips, certificates and all other relevant documents to each form. Three reference letters are also required (at least, two of the referees should be familiar with applicantsâ€™ academic work). Candidates must also attach a synopsis of their thesis proposal (maximum five (5) pages) as part of the application.
All Ghanaian and foreign applicants for the 2018/2019 academic year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â May 31, 2018