The University College Cork (UCC) and Cork Opera House (COH) are inviting applications for PhD Scholarship for EU and non-EU students.Â The successful candidate will be supervised by Dr Jillian Rogers, and registered in the Department of Music in UCCâ€™s School of Music & Theatre
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The School of Music & Theatre (UCC) and Cork Opera House (COH) PhD Scholarship on Cork Opera House; Social & Historical Perspectives, will be awarded in the form of a fee waiver, and a stipend of â‚¬10,000 p.a. tenable for a maximum of three years full-time (or 6 years part-time) from the date of first registration (either Sept 2018 or Jan 19).
- This PhD Scholarship is for a student who wishes to carry out research for the degree of PhD (or PhD Track, as a pathway to a PhD) in the School of Music & Theatre at University College Cork, Ireland. Applicants must have at least a Second Class Honours (Grade 1) or equivalent in their first or subsequent degree.
- Applications are invited from students who will commence a PhD (or PhD Track, as a pathway to a PhD) programme in either September 2018 or January 2019. Applicants upgrading from an MPhil or a PhD Track are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarships are open to EU and non-EU students.
- The successful UCC-COH PhD Scholarship recipient will be registered in the Department of Music in the School of Music & Theatre and supervised by Dr. Jillian Rogers.
Method of Application:Â The closing date for receipt of completed applications by email toÂ aoife.murphy-at-ucc.ie.
Applicants must send a scanned pdf of their academic transcripts, a current CV and two letters of recommendation. All documentation must be submitted in either Word or pdf format by email only to Aoife.Murphy-at-ucc.ie. Incomplete applications, hard copy applications, or applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applications that exceed the word count limits will be penalised.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 30, 2018