EuroMarine is calling for fellowship applications targetingÂ EuroMarine PhD students and scholars in their first postdoctoral position, to let them attend an advanced course of their choice.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue PhD and Postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Countries:Â Students from Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, or Turkey are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Young scientists:Â PhD students or individuals undertaking their first post-doctorateÂ contract are eligible for this funding.
- The young scientist must be a student or employee of aÂ EuroMarine full Member OrganisationÂ (having committed to pay its 2018 contribution to the EuroMarine budget) or anÂ Invited Member from one of the following countries: Morocco, Peru, South Africa, Tunisia, or Turkey.
- Only one application per individual per call. There is no limit on how many young scientists per organisation can apply but a maximum of three individuals from any one organisation can be awarded grants in any one call round.
Method of Application:Â Applications must be submitted by email toÂ fellowships-at-euromarinenetwork.eu. All applications will receive a confirmation email acknowledging submission.
- Applicants must write anÂ application letterÂ (no more than 1.5 A4 pages) justifying why they should receive funding to attend their targeted training course. The letter should cover the following aspects:
- How the activity relates to and supports you in your marine research career;
- How your participation is in line with EuroMarine objectives;
- How you will recognise and promote the fact that EuroMarine helped fund your participation; and
- How you will share knowledge with colleagues in your own institution about your experience.
- Applicants must complete and sign aÂ declaration form. Please note:
- Applicants are required to contact their EuroMarine Member Organisation representative to approve their application prior to submission and have their supervisor/manager or EuroMarine Member Organisation representative countersign the declaration. The official EuroMarine Member Organisation representatives and their contact details can be found on:Â www.euromarinenetwork.eu/documents/euromarine-2018-general-assembly-representatives.
- A scanned copy of the signed declaration form should be attached to the application email.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 27, 2018