TheÂ University of Hamburg is currently accepting applications for 3 PhD fellowships in the European Training Network POEM. The University aims to increase the number of women in research and teaching and explicitly encourages qualified women to apply.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
A university degree in a relevant field. Excellent theoretical competences and research skills, willingness to travel and for doing a secondment in a third country, an inter- and transdisciplinary research orientation, basic IT knowledge. For detailed information on the projects and the EU eligibility criteria see https://www.poem.uni-hamburg.de. Severely disabled applicants will receive preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants.
According to the grant programme, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Recognized masterâ€™s degreeÂ in the research fields mentioned in the call of applicants or other related subjects. To be eligible for admission to the programme students must have a high-quality masterâ€™s degree or an equivalent academic degree from an internationally recognized university.
- Early-stage researchersÂ are those who, at the time of employment by the host university, are in the first four years (or full-time equivalent) of their research careers and not in possession of a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date they obtained a degree which formally entitled them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
- Conditions of international mobility of researchers: Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment. At the time of employment by the host university, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host university for more than 12 months in total during the last 3 years. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- English language: Applicants must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and oral English is sufficiently advanced for them to fully benefit from the network training. Recognized English language certificates (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) must be submitted along with the application.
- Please outline yourÂ academic and professional experienceÂ during the four years following your graduation.
- For how long have you been working in a field of research?
- In which countries have you lived since 30 September 2015?
Method of Application:Â Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of degree certificate(s). The application deadline is March 15th, 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 15, 2018