The new Baillet Latour Antarctica Fellowship is available on offer to promote international research collaboration at Princess Elisabeth station. The Fellowship is open postdoctoral and doctoral researchers within 10 years of obtaining a Ph.D.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Eligible Nationalities: The fellowship is open to applicants from any country in the world.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The fellowship is open to applicants from any country in the world. Applicants must be either doctoral researchers or post-doctoral researchers who have completed their Ph.D. within the last 10 years.
- Postdoctoral researchers or doctoral researchers within 10 years of obtaining PhD
- Any nationality
- Physical capacity to carry out the research being proposed (medical examinations are required for any field campaign)
- Previously unsuccessful applicants
- Not a previous winner of the Antarctica Fellowship
Method of Application: What to include in your Application:
- Application File (including detailed CV as requested on the last page of Application form) Project proposals must contain a summary of the proposed research activity over a two year period and details concerning the scientific basis of the project.
- Financial Annex This should detail costs and budget for your research and two field campaign, i.e., how the funding is to be used over the entire research period.
- Award funds can be spent on equipment (for field use), field costs, field guides and travel to Antarctica, but are not generally expected to cover salary.
- Practicalities of project payments and reporting, as well as financial control, will be fixed by a contract to be drawn upon a case by case basis with the successful candidate.
- Disbursements will be made according to the contract. The lead researcher of the successful project will be responsible for managing the project and reporting on progress.
- The researcher will be required to contribute to public outreach activities related to his project, the Fellowship, and the PEA science activities.
- Cargo and logistics costs will depend on the type of activity that is planned and can be discussed in detail at a later stage with the successful candidate. Language: All submissions must be in English, submissions in other languages will not be considered.
- Completed proposals must be submitted by e-mail to fellowship-at-polarfoundation.org.
Scholarship Application Deadline: May 15, 2018