The Canadian Institute of Actuaries is inviting applications for Graduate Scholarship Program (GSP). The program promotes research and/or graduate-level coursework in actuarial science, to accelerate the transfer of new technology and original knowledge to the industry.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate (masterâ€™s) programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Both Canadian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Planning to start a masterâ€™s program in September 2018, or already enrolled in the first year of graduate studies (began September 2017 or January 2018).
Field of study in actuarial science or a cognate discipline in Canada. (A masterâ€™s program in mathematics, statistics, business, or finance with an actuarial concentration may also be eligible, but preference will be given to those applying to departments with a recognized actuarial leader/researcher.)
Undergraduate degree in actuarial science or a related discipline earned before August 31, 2018.
Demonstrated interest in pursuing a professional actuarial designation. (Preference will be given to students pursuing professional actuarial exams and/or CIA University Accreditation Program credits.)
Method of Application:
They must include the following:
- The completed application form;
- A letter of intent explaining interest in graduate actuarial research, research topic being pursued, relevance of the program, and a career plan;A current rÃ©sumÃ© (maximum of two pages);
- Relevant university transcripts;
- Relevant professional actuarial organization transcripts (if applicable); and
- Two letters of referenceâ€”from an employer and/or professor(s)â€”sent directly from the referee toÂ email@example.com.
Please return your completed application form, along with supporting documents via email.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 31, 2018