The Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies at the University of Primorska (UP FAMNIT) is offering one fully-funded PhD scholarship at HICUP LAB.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â EU as well as International students can apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Candidates should demonstrate outstanding academic potential with preferably a Masterâ€™s degree with distinction and need a strong first degree in Computer Science or related subject. Excellent technical ability, programming skills and proficient active and passive English language skills are essential. We seek a candidate with good prototyping skills and an inventive mind for problem-solving. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with a very good knowledge in at least one of the areas of software engineering, 3D graphics, information visualisation, interaction design, computer vision, systems modelling, artificial intelligence, software development or similar. Applied mathematics or ability to learn such is also desirable.
Method of Application:Â Applicants for the scholarship need to include the following documents (if not in English or Slovenian all documents need to be officially translated and provided with documents in the original language):
- A motivational letter (research proposal/personal statement).
- A Curriculum Vitae (personal details, work experience, education and training, language skills, development skills, awards and recognitions, previous research work, publications). Maximum 4 pages.
- Portfolio of previous research and/or development projects and/or DIY prototyping (e.g. mobile apps, web apps, DIY electronics, graphical designs, interface designs, system mockups, DIY prototypes â€¦)
- A certified copy of any previously completed higher-level education degrees: e.g. bachelor degree, master degree, etc.
- Course transcripts, GPA (grade point average) certificate of exams and tutorials, including explanations of the mark schemes used and, where possible, an indication of their class ranking/position in the class.
- Two reference letters (your two referees must be able to comment on your suitability for a research degree level of study, one of them must have been your academic tutor) originally sealed by referees.
- If you will need a visa to study in Slovenia or UK, a copy of the page of your passport that gives your full name, passport number, etc.
Firstly, applicants should send this information in a zip file via email.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 1, 2018