The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is offering PREBIST PhD Fellowship Program.Â REBIST fellows will receive scientific training and take part in programs that aim at developing leadership skills, offering opportunities to assume responsibility and tools to be active in own career progression.
Course Level:Â Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
- Presenting complete applications including all requested compulsory information and documentation.
- Having not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline. You will be required to confirm your compliance through a self-declaration.
- Hold a University degree (by the time of enrollment in the PhD program) that would qualify the applicant to enter one of the Ph.D. programmes recognized by the BIST research centers. These have formal agreements with the major Catalan Universities (UB, UAB, UPC, URV, and UPF) whereby BIST senior researchers (generally of professorial rank and enjoying international recognition) are accredited to supervise Ph.D. students, who do their research at BIST research centers and obtain their degree from the corresponding university. Please provide evidence when you apply (e.g. scanned copy of your degree or similar).
- At the time of the call deadline, be in the first 4 years of your scientific post gradual career (full-time equivalent research experience). In case your University degree was longer ago than 4 years, you will need to provide documental evidence for complying with these criteria.
- Having not been awarded yet a Ph.D. degree.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Method of Application:Â By the deadline, the following documentation and information needs to be presented to be eligible:
- Application form on personal data online form to be filled in)
- Basic personal data and contact information
- Application form on background (online form to be filled in)
- Specific background information on University degree, previous works, results, awards, etc.
â€¢ Upload of the Degree certificate or substituting document issued by the corresponding University
â€¢ Indication of the preferred research projects (one or several)
â€¢ Indication of reference persons who endorse your candidature
â€¢ Additional information relevant for the application and the eligibility, if applicable
- Letter of motivation (document upload)
- The cover letter addresses research interests and motivation for the application, as well as the applicantâ€™s background and suitability for the fellowship.
- Curriculum Vitae (document upload)
- Applicants should indicate their academic and professional trajectory and include any relevant information on publications, awards or other scientific or academic merits and experience. Candidates with career breaks or variations in the chronological sequence of their career steps are welcome to apply.
Applications cannot be updated after the submission. Only complete applications are eligible.
After the deadline, applicants will be checked for eligibility. Non-eligible applicants will be rejected. The eligible candidates will be reviewed by the selection panel. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the second review stage (pre-selected candidates).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Call 1: November 1, 2017 â€“ Deadline: January 7, 2018, Call 2: March 15, 2018 â€“ Deadline: May 14, 2018.