Applications are open to apply forÂ Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) studies in the University of TsukubaÂ through the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank.
To be taken at (country):Â Japan
Course Level:Â Masters/PhD
Eligibility Criteria:Â To apply to PEP by JJ/WBGSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
- Hold a bachelorâ€™s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is highly recommended.
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full-time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WBâ€™s â€œHarmonized List of Fragile Situations.â€
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent full-time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelorâ€™s degree or its equivalent. If the applicant is from a country identified in the WBâ€™s â€œHarmonized List of Fragile Situationsâ€ at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full-time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned.
Eligible Countries:Â Developing Countries
Method of Application:Â
- Check if you meet all application requirements above.
- To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read theÂ Application InstructionsÂ carefully before/during application process.Â FAQÂ may be of assistance to you.
- Go to ourÂ Online Application SystemÂ to start application process.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 23:59 28th February, 2018 (JST)
Award Provider:Â University of Tsukuba