Novo Nordisk International Talent Program is a scholarship programme set up to assist students from the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU) in a range of select academic fields seeking to study abroad at the University of Copenhagen.
Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme is awarded to students from select universities in the world to study at theÂ University of Copenhagen in Denmark. Students from Africa for the programme this year are expected to come from theÂ University of Cape TownÂ and otherÂ IARU Universities (See Universities List below).
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Universities:Â The International Alliance of Research Universities are:
- University of Cape TownÂ
- Australian National University
- ETH, ZÃ¼rich
- National University of Singapore
- Peking University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- The University of Tokyo
- Yale University
Harvard University is also included in the Novo Nordisk International Talent Program.
To be taken at (country):Â University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligible Field of Study:Â Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Public Health, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Human Nutrition, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Immunology and Inflammation, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Medicine, Medicine and Technology, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible to apply, candidateÂ must:
- beÂ enrolled in a degree programme at a IARU university or Harvard University
- apply for admissionÂ to UCPH asÂ an exchange or guest student
- studyÂ at third year Bachelorâ€™s level or Masterâ€™s level while at UCPH in one of the following programmes:
Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Public Health, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Human Nutrition, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Immunology and Inflammation, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Medicine, Medicine and Technology, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- meet aÂ GPA requirement of minimum 3
- engage in study activities pertaining to metabolism, insulin, haemoglobin and obesity
Selection Criteria:Â The programme gives priority to applicants who display a strong academic background and have submitted an ambitious study plan for their stay at the University of Copenhagen.
Number of Awardees:Â Not specified
Value of Scholarship:Â
- The scholarship may be spent towards the cost of tuition fees, travel costs, insurance, and other expenses incurred in connection with studying abroad at UCPH.
- The scholarshipÂ will typically amount to approximately EURO â‚¬ 1200 a month. Depending on the costs and length of the study abroad at UCPH, it may increase up to EURO â‚¬ 26000 in total.
Duration of Scholarship:Â Scholarships are awarded for up to one academic year.
Method of Application:Â To submit an application, you will be required to prepare following documents:
- Application form
- AÂ copy of your transcript of records in English, including both Bachelorâ€™s and Masterâ€™s grades
The application comprises of an application form, containing a motivated study plan and a list of the courses you plan to attend during your studies abroad as well ad enclosed transcripts of records, including both Bachelorâ€™s and Matserâ€™s grades (if applicable).Â The application and requested documents are submitted through this link.
You will be requested to submit your GPA, including both Bachelorâ€™s and Masterâ€™s grades â€“Â if you have Masterâ€™s grades.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- 25th October, 2017
- 1st April, 2018
Award Provider:Â Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme
Important Notes:Â CandidatesÂ may expect to hear about the outcome of theirÂ application 4-8 weeks after the application deadline.