The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) under the Japanese Government is offering scholarship opportunities to International students who wants to pursue an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD program at any Japanese Institutions.
This scholarship program covers the following:
- -Allowance: The amount of the scholarship disbursement per month has yet to be determined.
- -Transportation to Japan
- -Transportation from Japan: The recipient who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for travel from the New Tokyo International Airport or any other international airport that the appointed university usually uses to the international airport nearest to his/her home address
- -Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be borne by the Japanese Government.
Eligible African Countries: African, European, Middle East, Asian and other developing countries
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants must be citizens of the above mentioned countries
- Applicants must be free from any mental or physical disabilities.
- Applicants must have good academic records
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language
Method of Application:
For country specific details, please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 9th June 2017.