The Internet Society Pulse Research Fellowship supports researchers in conducting data-driven analysis or developing tools that contribute to an open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy Internet.
- Support the development of original, top-tier Internet measurement research.
- Foster a community of researchers, data specialists, and network engineering experts alongside policymakers and journalists to help strengthen and grow the Internet.
- Strengthen partnerships among global organizations working on data-driven research to understand Internet trends.
- Develop new techniques or implement existing methodologies to improve data gathering, analysis, and visualization on the Pulse platform.
- Explore interdisciplinary research topics related to making the Internet resilient, robust, and open.
- The Pulse Research Fellowship is open to researchers based anywhere in the world who are interested in using state-of-the-art and/or novel Internet measurement techniques to research a specific area that contributes to upholding an open, globally-connected, secure, and trustworthy Internet.
The selected applicant will receive a generous stipend based on experience and time commitment.
The duration of the fellowship is approximately six months. Applicants must be available for six months during 2024; the start date will be agreed upon upon final selection.
The selected candidate can work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Applicants will be selected according to their:
- Proposal’s relevance to the Pulse focus areas.
- Knowledge of Internet measurements and experience necessary to accomplish the proposed research goals.
- Ability to commit at least 25 hours per week to the fellowship.
Method of Application
Incomplete applications, applications that do not meet eligibility requirements, and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Note: The Internet Society will perform an OFAC check on the selected applicant. The fellowship will only begin once clearance has been received.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: 15 December, 2024.