The Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA) is responsible for positioning UNDP as the world’s leading global development network, promoting its global authority and thought leadership on sustainable development and the interconnected issues of poverty, inequality, and climate change. BERA leads and supports UNDP in building and nurturing strategic relationships and alliances essential to achieving its mission.
Creating strong political and financial backing for UNDP by providing partners and supporters with a clear understanding of what UNDP does and how our mission, capabilities and flagship services relate to them. BERA leads UNDP’s work on innovative and diversified partnerships and ways of financing the Decade of Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- UNDP will not pay for the internship but will provide a monthly stipend in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy. All other expenses connected with it will be borne by the intern or sponsoring Government or institution;
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend;
- Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions;
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship;
- There is no expectation of employment following the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed (if required)
The interested candidate will:
- Contribute to UNDP Shop marketing strategy and implementation;
- Propose and create marketing campaigns for UNDP Shop;
- Contribute to content creation for UNDP Shop (e.g. writing promotional emails, new product descriptions, assist with photos; etc.)
- Support UNDP Brand and Marketing Team on key market intelligence research;
- Provide overall marketing support to the Brand and Marketing team.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word…)
- Applied understanding of basic marketing principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities
Academic Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or similar field
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Experience (academic and personal projects will be considered):
- Proven experience working in marketing / advertising campaign planning and execution;
- Practical experience on market research / analysis;
- Experience on content development (copywriting, photography, …) is a plus;
- Online marketing experience is a plus;
- Working knowledge of brand principles and marketing is a plus.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French or Spanish an asset
- Must be available preferably full-time or at least three (3) days a week during NY Eastern standard time zone working hours.
Documents Required for Application
Upon evaluation/review of the candidates, the candidate who is selected must submit the following documents:
- Letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- Copy of his/her most recent school transcript;
- Copy of passport;
- Completed UNDP internship application form;
- Signed UNDP Internship Agreement (including Remote Supplementary if applicable)
- Medical Certificate of Good Health;
- Proof of medical insurance;
- A copy of US Visa if the intern is not a US Citizen (only if candidate is currently based in the US and office-based).
Method of Application
The application should contain:
- Brief Cover Letter (in English) stating interest in and qualifications for the post;
- Current and complete CV in English
If available, candidates can also share a link to their portfolio including any personal, professional and/or academic projects they executed which are relevant for the position
For More Information,
Application Deadline: December 8, 2023.