With one-third of the 2030 Agenda journey already complete, it is an opportune time to examine Africa’s progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) so far as well as assess what adjustments to strategies are needed to overcome the remaining obstacles. The SDGs provide time-bound targets in key sectors—including health, education, employment, energy, infrastructure, and the environment—for all nations to achieve. There is need to achieve these targets larger than in Africa. While progress in some areas and countries is encouraging, overall, the region will need to redouble its efforts if it is to achieve the SDGs by 2030. To be successful, there is need for effective and coordinated partnerships to domesticate the SDGs
The aim of the Africa Sustainable Development Fellowship is to advance integrated training on the implementation of the SDGs, and AU Agenda 2063, which are mutually reinforcing. To that end, the Fellowship provides a learning platform for follow-up and review of progress and challenges in the implementation of the two Agendas, while strengthening learning and advocating effective policy measures and actions.
- The fellows will be taken through a mentorship program throughout the fellowship
- All applicants will be awarded with a certificate of completion of fellowship
The fellowship Program is open to all applicants who meet the following criteria:
• Are 18 years-40years at the time of the application.
• Should be a national of that country.
• Should be a resident of that county/region.
• Should be running or willing to run an SDGs initiative within their community.
• Applicability of the initiative to meet the SDGs.
• Have a good understanding of sustainable development.
• Ability to train and organize other youths and organizations on sustainable development.
• Has demonstrated leadership in the community.
• Be available for the 3 month duration of the fellowship starting from July 2022
Method of Application
The basic steps for submitting your application are:
- Fill your details in the google fellowship application form provided
- The from should be submitted within the application period