2023 De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator Programme for female Entrepreneurs
Female Entrepreneurs are the job creators and economy builders of the future and will forge paths to meeting these goals for a better tomorrow. Join the De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator – an in-residence programme for women-led tech or tech-enabled businesses creating positive impact in waste reduction, green energy transition, water and hygiene, nature-based solutions, and biodiversity conservation.
The De Beers Group through their 2030 ‘Building Forever’ framework aims to create a positive and sustainable impact that will endure well into the future, and is driven by 4 goals:
- Leading ethical practices,
- Partnering for thriving communities,
- Protecting the natural world; and
- Accelerating equal opportunity
WomHub, a boutique eco-system builder for Women-led businesses in Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing & Mining (STEM), focuses on the development and support of female entrepreneurs through incubation and acceleration for meeting their ambitions and goals.
The De Beers Group in partnership with WomHub is excited to invite applications to their De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator – a niche, in-residence programme for women-led tech or tech-enabled businesses.
The De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator programme kicks off in May 2023 and is a nine-month hybrid leadership and business development opportunity for women based in South Africa, Namibia or Botswana who have founded businesses within technology with a sustainable environment focus. The hybrid masterclass series will focus on idea and business incubation, leadership development, funding, and pitch readiness, as well as mentorship, well-being and financial coaching.
- Women who serve as founders or co-founders of a Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing & Mining (STEM) business.
- Applicants must be citizens of either Botswana, Namibia or South Africa; their innovation must be based and registered in the aforementioned countries.
- Applicants need to be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant’s business/innovation can be any new or innovative product, technology, or service, based in STEM with a focus on waste reduction and circularity, green energy transition, nature-based solutions and biodiversity conservation
- Applicants must be able to commit to the duration of the programme commencing in May 2023 to January 2024.
Together our mission is to grow existing sustainable tech businesses through access to:
- Deep insight into sustainability challenges and initiatives on the African continent
- Customized learning and development experiences tailored to Founder’s specific needs.
- Access to mentorship, industry expertise and leading-edge technology skills
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2023