Are you a national of an ARES partner country, holder of a bachelor’s or master’s degree, you have professional experience and you wish to specialize by pursuing studies in Belgium?
Interested applicants have the option to pursue a degree lasting a year or a refresher course lasting between four and six months through ARES masters and Specialization courses in a Federation Wallonia-Brussels university in Belgium.
Eligibility: The following will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
- Originally from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their own country at the time of filing;
- Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for scholarships ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia ( only for courses in English ), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam ;
- Either under the age of 40 for courses and under 45 for training periods at the start of training;
- Either holds a diploma comparable to a diploma of the second cycle of Belgian university education. However, for certain types of training, different requirements may be set out, which will be specified below;
- Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country of at least two years after completing his / her second cycle or three years after the end of his / her studies when the candidate holds a post-graduate diploma from a university in an industrialized country;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French. For courses organized in another language, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of the language of the course, written and spoken. The candidate will also be asked to commit to learning French to participate in everyday life in Belgium;
- Apply for a single training
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Students from African and developing countries
Type: Masters, Training
Number of Scholarships: Belgium ARES grants 150 scholarships for participation into the masters and 70 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
Value of Scholarship: Travel (internal and external), Monthly living allowance, Indirect mission costs, Installation costs, Tuition fees, Registration fee, Insurance costs, Housing allowance, Allowances for dependents, Return fees, In 1st session completion bonus (June).
Method of Application: Follow these guides :
Application Deadline: 27th January 2023 at 12pm