Google for Startups Accelerator Africa is a three-month accelerator program for Seed to Series A technology startups across the African continent. Applications for the Class 6 Google for Startups Accelerator Africa programme, a three-month programme that is slated to start on 21 June 2021, will be open until 14 May 2021.
The accelerator is designed to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology to startups that leverage machine learning and AI in their company today or plan to in the future. In addition to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator also includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition and leadership development for founders, specialized training, media opportunities and access to Google’s network of engineers and experts.
The online programme (which includes 3 intensive virtual training bootcamps, mentorship and Google product support) is open to applications from 17 countries across Africa, including Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda and Zimbabwe. The aim is to support the advancement of the startups through their crucial growth phases.
- Seed to Series A-stage technology startups are eligible for the program.
- The Accelerator program is sector-agnostic and thus welcomes startups leveraging machine learning (or plan to in future) from any vertical.
- The CEO and CTO must participate in all three online bootcamps of the program, and a third core team member can also attend, but this is optional.
- A maximum of three total company representatives can participate in each bootcamp.
Accelerator Africa accepts applicants from 17 African countries. These are:
- Côte D’ivoire
- South Africa
- Three months equity-free support
- Mentoring from 20+ Google teams such as Android, Cloud, Machine Learning and Web
- Access to Google’s global network of industry experts and mentors
- Partnership on an advanced technology project
- Technical training on design, people, product and growth marketing
- Support on high-level company and product strategy
- Google product credits
- Early access to new Google products and tools
Structure of the Program
The accelerator runs as a fully digital program for a period of 3 months. As part of the Google for Startups Accelerator, selected founders outline the top challenges facing their startup, and are then paired with relevant experts from Google to help solve those challenges. Participating startups receive deep mentorship on technical challenges and machine learning, as well as connections to relevant teams from across Google. Founders will also have access to labs and workshops addressing different aspects of managing a tech startup.
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021
For More Information: