The Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network (CYHRDN) invites volunteers for its executive positions to serve from 2020 to 2022. CYHRDN is one of 10 Commonwealth Youth Networks supported by the Secretariat.
The open positions are:
- Policy Research and Advocacy Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
- Rapporteur on Discrimination
- Rapporteur for Migrants and Refugeesâ€™ Rights
- Rapporteur for Gender-based violence
- Education and Training Coordinator
- Partnership Engagement Coordinator
- Disability Rights Coordinator
Layne Robinson, head of social policy development at the Secretariat, said: â€œAs an organisation,Â we recognise that young people play an undeniably critical role in making sure that everyone â€“Â particularly those with disabilities, women and other marginalised groups â€“ are treated fairly and equally
â€œSo, this is a truly unique opportunity to join the Commonwealth Youth Human Rights and Democracy Network,Â which was created to engage young people in our fight for equality, democracy and visible progress on human rights.
â€œWhether you are managing research and communications or coordinating activities to end discrimination and gender-based violence, you will be part of a global network of innovators and change-makers.â€
Worth of Award
These positions are voluntary
- be a Commonwealth citizen aged 15 to 29 years;
- have a strong commitment to promoting human rights and democracy;
- have experienceÂ of workingÂ withÂ youth-ledÂ organisations or initiativesÂ focused on human rights and democracy; and
- be available to commit 10-15 hours per week toÂ theÂ networkâ€™sÂ activities.
How to Apply
- Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their experience toÂ email@example.comÂ by 5 September 2020.
- The email subject line should include the position you are applying for and your full name.
Deadline:Â Application closes onÂ September 5, 2020.