Global Citizen invites applications for the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award in 2020.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem-solving.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On their platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions â€” as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
Cisco and Global Citizen are united in their belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem-solving.
- You must beÂ 18-30 years oldÂ as of award ceremony in December 2019, andÂ be able to travel to award ceremonyÂ to accept prize.
- For a period of three years, you mustÂ be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
- You mustÂ accept the terms and conditions.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by theÂ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)Â or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
Worth of Award
The winner will receive:
- USD $250,000Â awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- AnÂ all-inclusive round-tripÂ to award ceremony in December for themselves and a guest.
- Networking and development opportunitiesÂ to support their work.
How to Apply
- The application consists of four parts: (1) Personal and Organization Information, (2) Pitch / About Your Work (4) Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria (4) Supplemental Organizational Details.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport.
- For the second part, you must explain why you deserve this award and provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch. You will also be required to answer 4 short answer questions about your work.
- For the third part, you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prizeâ€™s criteria.
- And for the fourth part, you will submit proof of your organizationâ€™s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption and other supplemental information.
Deadline:Â The deadline to apply isÂ 11:59pm EDT Sunday, Sept 20.