The International Finance Cooperation invites applications for the Techemerge Sustainable Cooling in Latin American Cities Programme in 2020.
Innovative companies will be selected through a competitive process and then invited to participate in virtual meetings and events with potential pilot partners in Mexico and Colombia to discuss how to pilot their technology, product, or service and commercialize them in these growing markets.
IFC and a panel of industry experts provide support during market-entry and tech transfer to offset financial and operational risks for innovators and adoption risks for local governments, corporates, and other cooling providers/users. Pilot projects can also access grant funding from a total pool of up to USD 1.5M.
30+ corporates, utilities, and municipalities have already expressed interest in partnering with TechEmerge innovators to pilot new cooling solutions in the Latin American market.
TechEmerge brings technologies to new markets, driving sustainable innovation to emerging economies where it is needed most. After successful programs in India and Brazil, TechEmerge is expanding to Latin America’s vital cooling sector.
TechEmerge will match innovative companies from across the world with companies and municipalities in Mexico and Colombia to pilot climate-smart, energy-efficient cooling technologies, products, and services and build commercial partnerships.
- Priority will go to proven products installed in at least one commercial setting, but innovations at the product development stage will also be considered
- Privately owned company, typically with less than 50 employees and less than US$100M in venture capital funding (with some exceptions)
- Responds to the cooling needs and challenges of Latin American businesses and municipalities
- Demonstrated managerial capacity and scalability
- Ability to allocate time and resources to participate in the project, including participating in virtual meetings and events, and implementation of field testing/pilot projects in Mexico and/or Colombia
Worth of Award
- Access to a robust Latin American network of potential users/buyers of cooling technology, products, and services
- Access to a pool of up to $1.5M in funding to support pilot projects in Mexico and Colombia through competitive selection
- Technical assistance from the TechEmerge team and our global network of advisors to develop pilot implementation and market entry strategies
- Potential IFC investment for successful innovators with scalable solutions
How to Apply
You can apply through the link on their website
Deadline: Lodge your application now for the TechEmerge Sustainable Cooling in Latin American Cities program. open call closes on September 18, 2020.