The Government of India is offering scholarships to participants to enable them to attend the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme in 2020.
The Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme was instituted by a decision of the Indian Cabinet on 15 September 1964 as a bilateral programme of assistance of the Government of India. The decision regarding setting up the ITEC programme was predicated on the underlying belief that â€œit was necessary to establish relations of mutual concern and inter-dependence based not only on commonly held ideals and aspirations, but also on solid economic foundations. Technical and economic cooperation was considered to be one of the essential functions of an integrated and imaginative foreign policy.â€
The ITEC Programme, fully funded by the Government of India, has evolved and grown over the years. Under ITEC and its sister programme SCAAP (Special Commonwealth African Assistance Programme), 161 countries in Asia, Africa, East Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean as well as Pacific and Small Island countries are invited to share in the Indian developmental experience acquired over six decades of Indiaâ€™s existence as a free nation. As a result of different activities under this programme, there is now a visible and growing awareness among other countries about the competence of India as a provider of technical know-how and expertise as well as training opportunities, consultancy services and feasibility studies. These programmes have generated immense goodwill and substantive cooperation among developing countries.
Worth of Award
- Excursion/economy class air tickets for travel from the airport nearest to their place of working/residence in their respective home countries, to their place of training in India and back;.
- Visa is issued gratis to the participants.
- Fees charged by the training institutes are borne by the Government of India.
- Accommodation is provided by the Training Institute in a hostel/hotel and the charges on this account are borne by the Government of India.
- The participants will receive a daily living allowance (currently INR 1200/- per day). Disbursement of this Allowance will be made by the Institute on a weekly/fortnightly basis (as decided by the Institute) after deducting charges for meals, as participants are required to bear expenditure for meals from the Living Allowance.
- The institute will provide the necessary training material, handouts, books, e-study material or any other documents which are necessary for training/self-study including a welcome-kit to the participants. In some cases, the institute may specify certain books and suggest that the participants should purchase the same. Cost on such purchases will be borne by Government of India.
- An educational-cum-sightseeing study tour is an integral part of many courses. They also serve to familiarize the participants with Indian culture and history and are compulsory. Government of India bears the cost of such study tours during the Course.
- Participants selected for training Courses are expected to be medically fit. The Government of India will cover medical treatment only for ailments of immediate and emergency nature occurring in India.
- Officials in Government, Public and Private Sectors, Universities, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, etc.
- Candidates should possess adequate work experience.
Eligibility criteria for admission to Courses
- Academic qualifications as laid down by the Institute for the Course concerned.
- Working knowledge of English required to follow the Course.
- Age between 25 to 45 years.
- Medically fit to undertake the training.
- Upon selection, the Embassy/High Commission of India will inform the nodal/designated Department/Agency of the nominating country and the candidate.
- Decision regarding acceptance of applications/nominations rests solely with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- For any further information/clarification, applicants are requested to contact the concerned Embassy/High Commission of India
- Selected candidates are required to familiarize themselves fully with the living conditions in India and about the Institute through the Instituteâ€™s website.
How to Apply
- Applicants canÂ browse the available coursesÂ and can apply for ITEC training program by filling up theÂ online application formÂ and take a print out of filled form.
- This form is to be submitted to the nodal/designated Government Department/Agency of applicantâ€™s country.
- Nodal/designated Department/Agency is, in turn, required to forward the applications to the Embassy/High Commission of India, accredited/concurrently accredited to the nominating country along with undertaking by candidate and certification from employer (Part-II of Application Form).
- Candidates may later check the status of their application by logging-in at www.itecgoi.in . The credentials for log-in may be noted while filling up the form.
Deadline:Â Applications should reach the Embassy/High Commission of India preferablyÂ 3 months before the commencement of the Course.