The Inclusive Fintech 50 initiative leverages a competitive process led by an independent judging panel of experts to identify 50 early-stage fintechs driving financial inclusion and resilience.
They are looking for early-stage fintechs in advanced or emerging markets that offer a solution amongÂ credit,Â insurance,Â paymentsÂ & remittances,Â savings & personal financial management, orÂ infrastructureÂ addressing special challenges of underserved customer segments.
The global pandemic has underscored the importance of having access to financial services, which act as a stabilizing force for low-income households and businesses. Fintechs play an important role in expanding access to these vulnerable populations, but these startups themselves need access to capital and connections. Inclusive Fintech 50 makes these startups more visible to investors and partners who can help them reach more of the 3 billion financially underserved people.
Worth of Award
- Applicants can opt-in to share contact information with the IF50 Investors Circle, a group of more than 15 leading investors who are keen to learn more about early-stage inclusive fintechs.
- The 50 selected fintechs can join an invite-only Slack channel to build relationships with peers, industry experts from the judging panel, and members of the IF50 Investors Circle.
- The 50 selected fintechs will be featured and promoted across the global fintech ecosystem through the white paper, the website, and social media.
- Two of the selected fintechs will also receive a cash prize of USD 25,000 based on the independent judging panelâ€™s assessment of their contribution to financial resilience.
- Theyâ€™ve handpicked a group of media and outreach partners who each reach deep into their local ecosystems and, together, cover most of the world. Not to mention the publicity generated by their global sponsors and partners.
- The 50 selected fintechs will have the opportunity to participate in virtual pitch events with relevant investors and partners.
- Fintechs applying to the Inclusive Fintech 50 should be early-stage companies focused on underserved segments. Fintechs that are self-funded, seed-stage, Series A, or Series B are welcome to apply.
- Applications will be accepted in English, French, and Spanish.
- Applicants can be B2C, B2B, or B2B2C with a solution among credit, insurance, payments & remittances, savings & personal financial management, or infrastructure addressing challenges of underserved segments.
How to Apply
- The application is available in English, French, and Spanish â€“ and can be completed anytime, even during your lunch hour.
- Please note: The application is available on all devices but works best from your computer.
Deadline:Â Applications closeÂ July 10, 2020!