Glasgow Caledonian University in the UK is inviting applications for the Asylum Seeker Scholarship in the 2020/2021 academic year.
Glasgow Caledonian is the University for the Common Good. Their mission is to make a positive difference to the communities they serve and this is at the heart of all they do, especially in their social innovation teaching and research. GCU is a modern, supportive and cosmopolitan university located in the center of one of Europeâ€™s most vibrant cities, where they welcome students from all countries and all backgrounds.
Glasgow Caledonian is the University for the Common Good whose mission is to make a positive difference to the communities they serve and this is at the heart of all they do, especially in social innovation teaching and research.
Worth of Award
- full fee scholarship covering your full time Postgraduate tuition fee for Glasgow Campus only
- Scholarship payment of Â£1,250 to assist with study/ living costs every year of your studies*
Applications will be considered from potential students who:
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for study at the Glasgow Caledonian University commencing September 2020-2021; and
- have submitted, or are the dependant of someone who has submitted, an application to the Home Office for recognition as a Refugee under the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereafter â€œThe Conventionâ€) and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application; or
- have been offered leave to remain in the UK on the grounds of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights provided that the student has not become eligible for Student Support from the relevant student funding body in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Applicants must live within the Glasgow area at the point of application as housing costs are not covered by the scholarship. Applications will only be accepted from prospective students outwith the Glasgow area if they submit written evidence of appropriate accommodation arrangements at the point of application.
How to Apply
You MUST attach:
- Correspondence from the Home Office confirming your application status.
- Those making an asylum claim will be issued anÂ AsylumÂ Registration Card (ARC) which you must attach
You MAY attach:
- References in support of your application
- Financial documents supporting your Economic Need section
Submit application form and supporting evidence to
Andrea Butler â€“ Scholarship Advisor
Glasgow Caledonian University, 200 Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA
Deadline:Â Application closesÂ June 15, 2020.