The Association of Commonwealth Universities in the UK is offering the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for a two-year research Masterâ€™s programme at the University of the South Pacific (USP) in Fiji or Samoa in 2021.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships give talented students from anywhere in the Commonwealth the opportunity to gain a Masterâ€™s degree while developing new skills, experiencing life in another country, and building their global networks.
Scholarships are for students committed to creating change in their communities and contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The scholarships are named in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron, and are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments.
Scholars will join an active international alumni network of more than 35,000 individuals who have benefited from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers and will contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth.
Worth of Award
Award recipients receive:
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance (stipend)
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant â€“ on request only; subject to approval
- Students may not apply from any Pacific countries already covered by USP.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or to the required level of the specific postgraduate course).
- To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) aÂ Commonwealth countryÂ other than the country hosting the award (e.g. you cannot apply for a scholarship in Fiji if you are a Fijian citizen).
How to apply
Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- Two references â€“ preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Complete a QECS application online
- Submit a separate application for admission to your chosen course.
- If you have any specific questions about applying for university courses at USP, please contact USP directly by emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines:Â Applications closeÂ July 14, 2020