The U.S. Department of State invites applications for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programme for professionals in 2021.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program provides mid-career professionals from designated countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Europe and Eurasia with an opportunity to enhance their professional capabilities through participation in specialized, 10-month, non-degree programs developed specifically for small clusters of Humphrey Fellows at selected U.S. universities.
The Program provides a basis for establishing long-lasting productive partnerships and relationships between citizens of the United States and their counterparts in other countries, fostering an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding throughout the world.
Worth of Award
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications online (via the link provided below)
Deadline: deadlines for applicants vary by country.