WorldSkills Africa invites applications for the BeChangeMaker Africa, a Social Entrepreneurship Acceleration Programme in 2020.
BeChangeMaker provides access to high-quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors. It is also part of the implementation of the African Unionâ€™sÂ One Million by 2021Â Initiative.
- This is an online training programme that inspires action on global challenges through social entrepreneurship and the power of skills
- The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-programme training.
- Additionally, the top three teams will each receive EUR 500 cash award to further invest in their ideas, trophy, HP gifts, and certificates.
- The number one team from the final pitch competition will receive an additional EUR 1,500 cash award.
- HP LIFE, a programme of the HP Foundation, provides 32 FREE online learning courses for entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business owners worldwide.
- be from 18 to 35 years old,
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation,
- join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum),
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International and the HP Foundation are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
How to Apply
Applications can only be accepted if the following criteria are met:
Deadline:Â Applications close onÂ June 5, 2020.