The University of British Columbia is taking a wonderful initiative for motivated students through the Rio Tinto Graduate program. The grant is exclusively open for both domestic and international students.
The funding program is awarded to those aspirants who want to commence their masters or doctoral studies in the academic year 2020-2021.
Course Level: Graduate
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken inÂ Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: award is awarded to pursue a masterâ€™s or doctoral degree program in a field of pure or applied science related to Rio Tintoâ€™s activities. Eligible research areas are aluminium metallurgy, electrolysis, hydrometallurgy, environment, analytical technologies, modelling and control systems, and data science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or accepted in a first-year Masters or first or second-year Doctoral studies in the year 2020.
How to Apply:Â To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must take admission to the graduate degree program at the university. After that, they will be automatically considered for the funding program.
- Supporting Documents:Â Candidates must submit a cover letter, proof of enrollment or acceptance, project description, transcripts, two recommendation letters, and CV.
- Admission Requirements:Â For taking admission, candidates are required to meet theÂ admission requirementsÂ of the university.
- Language Requirement:Â If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through theÂ English language requirementsÂ page.
The university offers an $18,000 funding for a graduate student in a field of pure or applied science related to Rio Tintoâ€™s activities.