The U.S. Mission Nigeria’s Public Affairs Sections is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the Public Diplomacy (PD) Small Grants Program 2020. The PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and other civil society entities that further the Embassy’s policy goals and strengthen relations between the American and Nigerian people.
PAS will prioritize grant program proposals that:
- Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent extremism, reduce human trafficking and illegal immigration, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible.
- Promote Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by improving government transparency and accountability, the rule of law, a free and professional media, as well as civil society capacity and engagement;
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurship, STEM education, women’s empowerment, youth engagement, and cultural exchange;
PAS encourages applications from individuals or organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management, or education experience; and,
- Registered educational institutions.
- Not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience and with evidence of required registrations;
U.S Embassy & Consulate in Nigeria Public Diplomacy (PD) Small Grants Program Benefits.
Funding Instrument Type: Grant or Cooperative Agreement: The majority of successful proposals will be supported via a grant instrument. In some instances, a Cooperative Agreement may be used in cases requiring a higher level of involvement from PAS staff in managing the award. The PAS Abuja or PAS Lagos grants management team will provide further information regarding Cooperative Agreements as needed.
- Floor of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $5,000
- Ceiling of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $50,000
Method of Application
Applications and all supporting documents are accepted in English only. While budget figures may be calculated in naira before converting to U.S. dollars, final budget figures must be stated in U.S. dollars as this is the currency in which awards are made irrespective of the exchange rate in effect at the time of award.
PAS, U.S. Embassy Abuja
(for the states of Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara, and the FCT).
PAS, Consulate General Lagos
(for the states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Imo, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, and Rivers)