If you are an international student who wants to apply for the best university in the United Kingdom with a Master Award, you can apply for the Civil Society Leadership Awards for the academic year 2020-21.
Through the awards program, St. Andrews is offering fully-funded postgraduate scholarships to those individuals who demonstrate academic and professional excellence.
Course Level: Postgraduate Master’s degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Not known
The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan students are eligible to apply for the awards.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The bursaries are acceptable for postgraduate master’s degree coursework.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential.
- Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before 15 May 2019 and an excellent academic record.
- Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area.
- Should be able to join in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2020 and start their degree program in August or September 2020.
- Must be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
How to Apply: In order to join the award, candidates need to take admission for master study at the University of St Andrews. After that, they will be automatically eligible for the bursaries.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a transcript, photographs, a sample of academic written work in English (2000 words), letter of recommendation, a resume, an English language proficiency proof, and all the necessary mark-sheets.
- Admission Requirements: Before taking admission, students need to check the entrance requirement page for a postgraduate master’s degree study.
- Language Requirement: Students need to have a certificate for their English language sufficiency.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards will cover the following:
- Tuition & mandatory university fees
- Monthly stipend to cover room, board, and other living expenses
- Travel expenses – program-related
- Accident and sickness insurance for the period of the program
- Educational materials and professional development funds
- Attendance at a regional grantee conference
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools
Application Deadline: Open