International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the worldâ€™s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title:Â Digital â€“ Nation Africa Intern
Req ID: 254959BR
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: Internship
- At IBM, work is more than a job â€“ itâ€™s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things youâ€™ve never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the worldâ€™s most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Digital-Nation Africa is a cloud-based learning and innovation platform, providing digital competency and nurturing innovation. IBM Digital-Nation Africa curriculum content is designed for the following audiences:
- Innovator: Designed to help accelerate innovation and enable would-be innovators to bring their ideas to life
- New Collar: For those who want to align their skills to the requirements of the job market and seek better employment opportunities
- Explorer: People keen on learning about the new emerging technologies
What will you do
- The interns will be required to present IBM Digital-Nation Africa to large number of audiences with ease and confidence, be enthusiastic and outgoing.
- IBM Digital-Nation Africa interns will be required to promote the program to youth in African in universities, communities, colleges and schools.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Individuals who are familiar with D-NA. Have digital badges from D-NA.Â www.digitalnationafrica.com
- Individuals with demonstrable interest in technology, technically competent
- Familiar with and active on social media
- Can express themselves confidently in writing and verbally in both Kiswahili, English and can have a conversation in Sheng if required.
- Willing to bring creative ideas to promote D-NA usage.
- Uphold IBM values.
- Enthusiastic, with lots of energy, willing to travel within and outside the country
- Working odd hours
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply