Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State Scholarship Board postgraduate scholarship award scheme for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Overview of Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship.
All applicants are required to make aÂ Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship through the Office of Special Adviser on Education, Alausa Secretariat.
Then take the treasury receipt to the Lagos State Scholarship Board to secure their secretÂ voucher pins for online application. Application will not be processed without evidence of treasury receipt.
Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Amount.
Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Requirements / Eligibility.
1.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must haveÂ gained full time admission into an accredited NigerianÂ tertiaryÂ Institution for postgraduate studies (Masters or Doctorate).
2.Â Â Â Â Â Â All Post-graduate applicants (Only applicable to Masters Degree applicants):
i.Â Â Â Â Â Â Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he /she must have graduated withÂ a minimum of 4.9/7.0 at undergraduate level
ii.Â Â Â Â Â Â Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he /she must have graduatedÂ a minimum of 3.5/5.0 at undergraduate level
3.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must be in their first year or above (admitted on or before 2017/2018 academic session)
4.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
5.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must have a signed letter of identificationÂ from their respective Oba
6.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must have a signed letter of identificationÂ from their respective local government
7.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form.Â (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship)Â throughÂ theÂ Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board.Â Â
8.Â Â Â Â Â Â All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness ofÂ their claims. Documents like:
i. Â Â Admission Letter
ii. Â Â Valid IDÂ Card
iii. Â Â Letter of identificationÂ from Oba
iv. Â Â Letter of identificationÂ from Local Government
v. Â Â SSCE result
vi. Â Â Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
vii. Â Â Passport Photograph (clear background not older than threeÂ months).
viii. Â CertificateÂ or Result statementÂ from school stating graduating results clearly
ix. Â Â Â NYSC Discharge orÂ ExemptionÂ Certificate
x. Â Â Â Masters Degree Certificate (PHD applicants only)
ix.Â Â Â Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip.
9. Â Â Â Shortlisted applicant must participate in a Computer Based Test to be conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited inÂ conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
10. Â Â Successful applicants will be contacted for oral interview
How to Apply for Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you haveÂ purchased a Scholarship application formÂ (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) throughÂ theÂ Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship BoardÂ thenÂ secure yourÂ Voucher pin from the Scholarship BoardÂ office.Thereafter,Â have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Treasury receipt of N2,000Â for the scholarship form
- Admission Letter
- Valid Identity Card
- SSCE certificate
- Letter of identification fromÂ Oba
- Letter of identificationÂ from Local Government
- LASSRA Registration card
- Certificate or Result statementÂ from school stating graduating results clearly
- Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation
2. Ensure that information are filled accurately to avoid mix up after application
3. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
4. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to uploadÂ Â
To apply, follow the steps below:Â
1.Â Â Â Click on â€œApply Nowâ€Â tab.
2.Â Â Â Click on â€œRegister Nowâ€Â to create an account.
3.Â Â Â Proceed to your email boxÂ to activate your account
4.Â Â Â Click onÂ www.scholastica.ng/schemes/lssbpostgraduateÂ Â to return to Scholarship site
5.Â Â Â Enter your registeredÂ email and password to upload your information.
6.Â Â Â Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7.Â Â Â Ensure the name used in applications matches the namesÂ on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8.Â Â Â Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9.Â Â Â When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10.Â Recheck application information to avoid errors
11.Â Click â€œApply Nowâ€ to submit informationÂ and provide the secret voucher pin and LASSRA NumberÂ in the appropriate column
12.Â You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
To secure your voucher pin proceed to the Lagos Scholarship Board office, 254 Ipaja road, Agege, Lagos and show them your payment receipt.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Scholarship Application Deadline: Not Specified.