In conjunction with the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, AGRA is offering AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program for the international student.
Course Level: The fellowship is open for the BS degreeÂ program
Scholarship Award: Stipend of up to $18,000/year, A stipend of $1,125 per month, full waiver of tuition valued at $53,000 and many more things
Scholarship can be taken inÂ the USA
Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply
Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of plant science, agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, wildlife ecology, entomology, soil science or microbiology or related discipline
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
The fellowship is open for African students with a BS degree (or equivalent) in plant science, agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, wildlife ecology, entomology, soil science or microbiology or related discipline. They must have 3-5 years of work experience post-graduation in the agricultural sector.
Method of Application:
Before applying to UDâ€™s graduate program, send all documents directly to AGRA (JNaibei@agra.org) with the subject line â€œBorel Global Fellows Program.â€
- Statement of interest (2-page max)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Up to three letters of reference
- A letter of commitment from an African research institute, or university pledging to provide the fellow with in-kind research support for the African portion of their fellowship.
To apply for this fellowship, the applicants must need to take admission to the university.
The winning candidate will receive generous financial support including:
- A stipend to cover living expenses while in Delaware (stipends vary by program; current minimum is $18,000/year)
- A stipend of $1,125 per month covering up to eight monthâ€™s support for the African â€œin residenceâ€ portion of the fellowship.
- A full waiver of tuition for up to 33 credits (currently valued at ~$53,000)
- Round trip airfare to/from the USA (economy class)
- Computer allowance of up to $1,000 (to be purchased at Delaware)
- Reimbursement for the UD application fee ($75)
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 22, 2019